Friday, February 15, 2008

Feb. 15 - ¡Feliz Cumpleaños!

I was very happy to spend my birthday in the city among friends, instead of in the woods where I have no idea what I would have done. It was a great day. I started off having breakfast with Susy where she had a cake for me (with a candle) and a present. At school they had organized a lunch for all of us to celebrate my birthday (thanks Meredith) that included another cake with a ? candle since they didn't know how old I was. And then later that evening my friends here got me another cake (thanks Kat and Lee). Three cakes in one day...how could it get any better!

To celebrate we headed to the Coffee Tree (where else would we go) before heading to an Italian restaurant. It was great to spend the evening with all my new friends here, and they were incredibly generous with a bottle of champagne (which I drank in the street and took into the restaurant .... very lax liquor laws here) a great cake (Lee and Kat had been doing some investigating over the past couple of days asking which cake I thought looked best in the window of various shops) and a toque that I wore all night .... hey it's my birthday so I can do what I want.

After dinner we headed to a great Irish bar...Finn McCools. It wasn't the same as the one in Toronto where I spent many nights with ACLC, including my past three birthdays, but according to Lee and Tony (a Brit and Irishman) this bar was as authentic as you could get. The bartenders didn't speak Spanish. It included a British guy who none of us could understand .... he kind of sounded like a pirate. All in all it was a fabulous day. (thanks to everyone who was there for a great time....it made me feel right at home)

No comments: